- Upper Hunter Valley Location
- Local Government Full-time Role
- Salary $75,529-$84,829 per annum + super
Located 1.5 hours drive from Newcastle and 3 hours from Sydney, Muswellbrook Shire Council is situated in a beautiful country location and offers a wide range of career opportunities. Our organisation employs approximately 200 valued staff, and prides itself on providing a great work environment, work-life balance, and career development.
About the position
The role coordinates and undertakes policy development, providing analysis and advice, to support Council policy initiatives and commitments. The Policy Officer will prepare written communications, and undertake research and project based work to support the Coordinator Executive Services.
To be successful in this role, you will need;
- Degree in an appropriate discipline (e.g. Politics, Communications, Law, Economics, Public Administration, Business) &/or equivalent experience.
- Class C Drivers Licence.
- Expertise in policy development, analysis and implementation
- Demonstrated strong working knowledge in Local Government
- Demonstrated proficiency in analytical reasoning, strong conceptual skills and an aptitude for problem solving will also be highly regarded
Further Information and to Apply
For more information on this position, please refer to the attached Position Description, Council’s Careers website, or contact Joshua Brown, Executive Services Coordinator on 02 6549 3744.
- Complete the application form below, including providing responses to the mandatory questions required. Unfortunately, an unfinished application can’t be retrieved to finish at a later date. Please keep your responses concise.
- Attach your Resume and a covering letter where indicated.
- Click ‘Apply’.
Applications close on 18 October 2017.