Technical Officer - Survey and Design
- Full-time Local Government role
- Upper Hunter Location
- Salary $55,517.80 - $62,376.60 + super
Located 1.5 hours drive from Newcastle and 3 hours from Sydney, Muswellbrook Shire Council is situated in a beautiful country location and offers a wide range of career opportunities. Our organisation employs approximately 200 valued staff, and prides itself on providing a great work environment, work-life balance, and career development.
About the position
The role will carry out surveys, including uploading information onto drafting and design programs; producing relevant drawings; designing works for construction; setting out designed works; and providing WAE of completed works.
To be successful in the role you will need;
- Degree and/or Diploma in Surveying and/or equivalent, with previous relevant work experience.
- Ability to work in a team environment, with demonstrated problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated intermediate competence in the use of MicroSoft Office software (or equivalent), and competence in the use of AutoCAD, CivilCAD, CIVIL3D of equivalent.
- Working knowledge of the applicable Acts and regulations and intermediate competence in the use of various relevant standards, specifications and guidelines.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles of Workplace Health and Safety, and Equal Employment Opportunity
- Current Class C NSW Drivers License
Further Information and to Apply
For more information on this position, please refer to the attached Position Description, Council’s Careers website, or Peter Higgins, Manager Technical Services on (02) 6549 3755.
- Complete the application form below, including providing responses to the mandatory questions required. Unfortunately, an unfinished application can’t be retrieved to finish at a later date. Please keep your responses concise.
- Attach your Resume and a covering letter where indicated.
- Click ‘Apply’.
Applications close on 24 October 2017.