- Local Government role
- Upper Hunter Location
- Salary $75, 529.00 - $88,857.00 + super
Located 1.5 hours drive from Newcastle and 3 hours from Sydney, Muswellbrook Shire Council is situated in a beautiful country location and offers a wide range of career opportunities. Our organisation employs approximately 200 valued staff, and prides itself on providing a great work environment, work-life balance, and career development.
About the position
The Works Engineer provides high quality professional, innovative and practical civil engineering support and project management, and assists in the best practice development, implementation and monitoring of maintenance and construction works carried out by Council’s Works team.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- A 4 year degree in Civil Engineering suitable to gain Professional Engineer member status with the Institution of Engineers (Australia) with relevant engineering experience.
- Council is prepared to consider applicants with a Graduate Diploma in Civil Engineering (or equivalent) suitable for Engineering Technologist member status of the Institute of Engineers (Australia), coupled with extensive relevant engineering experience.
- Considerable demonstrated work experience in:
- The supervision and direction of works supervisors and contractors involved in road construction projects and maintenance activities on public roads;
- The provision of on-site technical support for civil construction and maintenance works;
- Project and contract management;
- The coordination of operational resources within a fixed budget;
- Traffic engineering, including the investigation and resolution of road safety issues.
- Superior written and oral communication skills, including preparation of complex technical reports, delivery of presentations, and research skills.
- Experience and demonstrated competence in the use of Windows based computer software including Word, Excel, and Project.
- Demonstrated team building, conflict resolution and problem solving skills, and the ability to work in a team environment.
Further Information and to Apply
For more information on this position, please refer to the attached Position Description, Council’s Careers website, or contact Derek Finnigan, Manager Works on (02) 6549 3821.
- Complete the application form below, including providing responses to the mandatory questions required. Unfortunately, an unfinished application can’t be retrieved to finish at a later date. Please keep your responses concise.
- Attach your Resume and a covering letter where indicated.
- Click ‘Apply’.
Applications close on 24 October 2017.